How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Family Voices Resources
Equity and Diversity
Recursos en español
Family Voices hojas informativas y boletines en español
Transition to Adult Life
- ABC for Health – Health care benefits & services – statewide.
- The ARC Wisconsin Disability Association
Direct services, guardianship, funding, health care, housing, transportation, and legal services – statewide.
- Birth-to-Three Early Intervention Program
Birth to 3 is Wisconsin’s early intervention program for infants and toddlers with developmental delays and disabilities and their families.
- Brain Injury Resource Center – offers support, assistance and advocacy.
- Children with Special Health Care Needs Program (Regional Centers)
Children with special health care needs ages birth to 21 – statewide.
- Community Advocates Inc.
Low income and destitute persons in Milwaukee County.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin
All ages with developmental disabilities, mental illness, physical, sensory, or neurological disabilities.
- Family Care Program
The Program serves older adults and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities age 17 years, 9 months and older.
- Children’s Community Options Program – formerly the Family Support Program
The Program, coordinated on the county level, provides in-home support and services for families of children with severe disabilities.
- Great Lakes Intertribal Council
Provides variety of services to members of the 11 Wisconsin Indian tribes.
- Independent Living Resources
Provide disability I&R to people in 13 Southwest Wisconsin counties.
- IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self direct)
IRIS is a Wisconsin program where you self-direct your publicly funded, community-based, long-term care supports and services.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
Free civil legal services to low-income persons and senior citizens in the Southern half of Wisconsin.
- Medicaid Recipient Hotline 800.362.3002
Provides information & assistance on Medicaid – statewide.
- National Alliance for the Mental Illness of Wisconsin (NAMI-WI)
Families of adults with mental illness – statewide.
- Parent 2 Parent of Wisconsin
Provides parent support to parents of children with special needs through a one-to-one connection with another parent who has a similar experience and who knows firsthand about the feelings and realities that come with having a child with special needs.
- Regional Centers for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- United Way 211
Information and referral to local resources, run on a county-by-county basis.
- Waisman Resource Center
Children with special health care needs, ages Birth to 21, from all of Wisconsin with a special focus on the Southern Region.
- Wisconsin Coalition of Independent Living Centers
Independent living issues – statewide.
- Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
Children & adults with developmental disabilities – statewide.
- Wisconsin FACETS (WI Family Assistance Center for Education, Training & Support)
Provides training, information & referral, & individual assistance related to children with disabilities & the IDEA.
- Wisconsin Family Ties
Children & adolescents with emotional, behavioral & mental disorders.
- Wisconsin First Step
Birth – 21, disability-related information and referral.
- Wisconsin Families for Hands and Voices – supporting families who have children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Wisconsin Judicare
Free civil legal services to low-income persons and senior citizens in the Northern half of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin State Independent Living Council
Independent living issues, statewide.
- Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative (WSPEI)
School-age children with disabilities, their families, and educators.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 5 stars