Becoming a Family Leader
- Do you want your community to be welcoming for all children and families?
- Do you want to make the programs and supports your family has experience with work better for all families?
Consider partnering with us as a Family Leader. Becoming a family leader means you are able to advocate for your child’s needs AND also the wider community of children with disabilities and their families.
Partnering to Support other Families
Partnering within Organizations
Partnering for Policy and Systems Change
Can I Become a Family Leader?
Training and Skill Building Opportunities:
- Partners in Policymaking,
- Parents in Partnership (PIP),
- Parent-to-Parent of Wisconsin, Support Parent Trainings,
- Serving on Groups that Make Decisions, and
- Family Voices of Wisconsin’s annual Advocacy for Change event that combines skill building and legislative visits.
Ready to Serve?
How Can I Keep Connected?
- Family Voices quarterly newsletters,
- Facebook, and
- FAN, our Family Action Network listserv.
We know that by lifting up the voice of families as partners, leaders and advocates we can work together to improve programs and supports for all families who have children with disabilities and special needs.