- This event has passed.
Thinking About Supported Decision Making
December 14, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thinking about Supported Decision-Making explains what families need to know about decision making supports and tools available in Wisconsin. This training will be most helpful for families who have children ages 14 and older with disabilities and the providers and educators who work with them.
We will discuss:
- Decision making as a learned skill
- What happens (legally) at age 18
- Guardianship – the process and consequences for a young adult
- Alternative tools like Power of Attorney and Release of Information Forms
- Supported Decision Making (SDM) Agreements
This is a ZOOM virtual training.
This session is part of the Waisman Center’s Transition Tuesday series.